Monday, September 4, 2017

Book Review: Blood Codex by David Wood and Alan Baxter

Blood Codex is a mystery/adventure that takes the reader from England to Italy and then to Norway.  The mystery begins when our hero, Jake Crowley, meets Rose, a beautiful museum tour guide.  The two of them have a date which ends in a chase from some bad guys.  As the story unfolds, Rose reveals an odd tattoo that appears like the marking of an ancient torture method of Vikings.  Both characters look for clue after clue including stuff from Aleister Crowley and even Thor's hammer.
My Review: This story reminded me so much of Dan Brown and Professor Langley.  I loved the story from the first page.  The characters were interesting, but what really kept me reading was the historical clues found throughout the plot.  I loved the authors' styles of short chapters, occasional funny lines, and spoon-fed history.  This book is a series of the same character, Jake Crowley the history teacher.  I will definitely return to this author when looking for another adventure.  Great stuff.  5/5 stars.

1 comment:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...