Saturday, January 10, 2015

Results of Magazine Diet Challenge

Last week my blog was about using magazines for diet menus in hopes of slimming down for 2015.  My first diet experiment is ready to record.  I chose the Female Friendly Paleo Diet found in First magazine to begin my journey.  The menu consisted of three meals and one snack.

Breakfast: Banana Pancakes (Made with eggs, cocoa, bananas, and very little flour)
Lunch: Egg and Chicken Frittata (a quiche-like egg/veggie omelette) with a spinich salad
Dinner: Meatloaf (eggs/veggies/meat), whipped cauliflower, spinich salad
Dessert: Brookie (eggs, a little flour, coconut sugar, and some other stuff)

Report Card
Cost of Food  B
(2 items on the list I could not find-almond and coconut flour-used regular flour) 
Ease of Preparation A
(You eat the same thing every day, so you cook it all at once)
Taste of the Meals C-
(Eat the same thing everyday, get sick of it)
Hunger Level throughout the day C-
(Two days I was so hungry I couldn't fall asleep until well after midnight)
Cheating Level A-
(I ate some extra Brookies, used regular salad dressing, and put avocado in salad for 2 days)
Weightloss A      
Down 5 pounds!

Tomorrow I will post my new diet.  Please leave a comment if you are dieting too.  Weightloss stories are welcome!





1 comment:

Blogger said...

Are You Having Problems FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

Do you want to munch on some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Check out the: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...