Sunday, January 6, 2019

Review: Killing the SS by Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly's newest nonfiction Killing the SS is about all of the Nazis who got away post World War II. South America, especially Argentina, was very friendly towards them.  In some cases, so was the United States.  The book begins with the kidnapping of Eichmann and then ends with a female guard at Ravenbruck.  By the way, the female guard received social security checks from the United States after she was expedited back to Germany!  
My Review:
There were so many things I loved about the book.  I don't want to spoil anything, but Simon Weisenthal was a credit snatcher and a liar.  Mengele died years before all of his supposed sightings.  Bormann more than likely got away.  And Klaus Barbie ended up working for the Mossad.

O'Reilly acknowledged Hitler's possible escape, and I hope he writes a book called Killing Hitler soon!  
O'Reilly's and Dugard's Killing series are always great, but this is one of my favorites.  Killing Jesus is still the best one.  This is another five star no-brainer!  I enjoy the way these two writers turn history into a brilliant novel, only everything is true.  Their research is second-to-none.  

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...