Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Movie Review: Ocean's 8

Ocean's 8 is the girly version of Ocean's 7, 11, 12, 13 and who knows what else.  Instead of a pack of guys ripping something off, we got a pack of girls ripping off jewelry from the Met during a fashion dinner.  Sandra Bullock takes the main role as Danny Ocean's (George Clooney) sister.  Her sidekick is Cate Blanchett, and they assemble a team of Rhianna, Helen Bonham-Carter, Anne Hathaway, and other familiar faces.  The plan begins with Sandra Bullock who dreams of the heist throughout her five years in prison.  It's meticulously planned out and (what a surprise) successfully executed.

My Review:  Love it!  Great fun!  I think most of us dream of robbing a bank, or even better, a bunch of priceless jewels!  The women were terrific.  My only criticism is some of the predictability as well as an editing error (she was in prison for 5 years but then she flashes back to the day of her arrest and the flashback was 10 years).  I know-I might be too picky!  Overall, I highly suggest this flick for Ocean fans as well as chick-flick fans.  4/5 Stars


No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...