Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Frank Fontaine Stops By with a Review: Killing the Mob

 Killing the Mob by Bill O'Reilly is another installment of his history page-turning work that obviously focuses on the Mafia. O'Reilly begins his book with a historical look at criminals such Bonnie and Clyde, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Dillinger. He then writes about how the old Mob got their start in bootlegging during Prohibition. The Mob also dabbled in prostitution, gambling, protection money, and narcotics. There were many details about the Mafia's infamous witness tampering. SPOILER ALERT: The book ends with Donny Brasco (Johnny Depp movie, fugget-a-bow-tit) in the '80s. Some interesting tidbits include the Kennedy murders of both John and Robert. The failed assassination of Fidel Castro is discussed. J. Edgar Hoover supposedly laid off the mob because they had dirt on the famous head of the FBI. Common girlfriends were shared among mobsters.

My Review: This is the fourth O'Reilly book I've read. He has an in-depth look at the history along with fascinating tidbits. He will include facts as well as rumors, always citing which is which. Once I finished with the book, I had a feel for these infamous mobsters. As all of O'Reilly's books, I loved it and would highly recommend it to all history lovers and O'Reilly fans. I hope O'Reilly does a Killing of America, but I hope America doesn't get killed. 5/5 Star

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...