Sunday, October 6, 2019

Alien Con Dallas


Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending Alien Con.  I bought a one-day pass for myself and my two daughters.  With tax and the service charge, each ticket cost approximately 75.00.  The event took place at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center in downtown Dallas.  
My day began at eight in the morning and ended at five.  Every minute was filled with something to do.  The day began with an Alien Con photographer photographing my daughters for the event's social media.  Both girls stood out from the crowd in the morning, wearing tinfoil hats, Roswell shirts, and alien socks.  As the day wore on, other festive guests out-did them in alien-inspired fashion.
One guest looked just like Giorgio Tsoukalos.  He won the costume contest at the end of the day.  Other guests wore tinfoil hats, alien eye headbands, and other martian ensembles.  The friendly crowd was light and humorous, yet filled with intelligence and wonder.  We were all there to learn even more about alien conspiracy.
Our first panel of experts took the main stage and told us all about some of the current events taking place within the alien community.  The guests included Alejandro Rojas (an alien reporter), Caroline Corey (an abducted woman), a lady from Mufon, and Nick Pope.  The once-mocked subject is now taken seriously on mainstream news programs.  
Nick Pope (Ancient Aliens and other alien shows) even brought up his guest appearances on Tucker Carlson, a mainstream Fox News commentator.  During his last TV news guest spot, Nick reported on navy pilots who witnessed and videoed UAPs or Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (the new acronym for UFOs).  For those who don't know Nick Pope's background, he used to work for the U.K. Defense Department before becoming a famous alien expert. I'm guessing the new name change of UAP is an effort to give extraterrestrial spacecraft sightings more credibility.
The next lecture featured science fiction used in movies.  Dr. Jonathan Young (Ancient Aliens) led the discussion and used the movie The Arrival as an example of soft-disclosure.  I stood in line and asked him in the microphone if he believed that Hollywood was doing the government's bidding in breaking it to us gently that we were never alone in the universe or even earth.  He tapped dance around the question by claiming he had no direct knowledge, yet I wondered if he was being sincere.  I still loved the lecture.  He was as intellectual in person as he is on the show.
My daughters and I had a quick lunch and then got in line for the Ancient Alien panel about 5 minutes before it started.  Unfortunately, there were too many people in line and we had to sit that one out.  We hung out in the marketplace and bought some over-priced souvenirs.  My daughters were interviewed for an upcoming documentary.  They were soooooo nice by mentioning me, their favorite writer, and love for aliens.  
We got back in line.  This time early, and saw the panel from Ghost Hunters.  I love the show and was lucky enough to be on Ghost Hunter podcast on two different occasions.  The new season will have a new cast of paranormal experts.  They were bright, funny, and interesting. 

We left the Ghost Hunter forum early to get in line.  It was the last chance of the day for us to see the Ancient Aliens Giorgio Tsoukalos, Jason Martell, and David Childress.  They were my favorite panel, as I knew they would be.  Their moderator asked them questions about the Mayans and South American findings.  All of them agreed that Puma Punku was the smoking gun that proved their ancient alien theory.  At the end of their lecture, guests lined up for questions.  Some of the people were a little out there. Giorgio kept the question line moving.  One guest asked Giorgio if he accepted Christ as his Savior.  He refused to answer, and said something like church and state separation.  On a side note, Giorgio's souvenir stand had a Christmas ornament sale with Joseph, Mary, and a baby alien.  I am not sure what to make of that, but religion was definitely a topic brought up in all of the discussion rooms.
Overall, my only regret was not buying the "Galactic Pass" for all three days.  The pass gave you "cuts" in line as well as access to some of the panels that required additional fees.  I had a mind-blowing experience and really got my money's worth.  My daughters also enjoyed themselves and now love Ancient Aliens.  The crowd was as diverse as it gets-every age and race.  Many were from different parts of Texas and some were even from different states.  One guest who was from Seattle told us he came without a ticket and almost couldn't get in because the event was sold out.  He got lucky because someone who bought a ticket never showed up.  I went to Roswell Fest with my husband three years ago and had a blast.  This was equally entertaining and educational.  
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...