Sunday, July 7, 2019

Neflix Review: Stanger Things Season 3

Netflix's Stranger Things Seasons 1 and 2 were about a group of kids who discover a secret laboratory in their hometown of Hawkins, Indiana.  In the lab evil scientists used children with gifted powers to communicate with aliens inside of a portal underneath the town.  Without giving too much away, season three picked up with a new type of alien who possesses people to do its dirty work of domination.  The kids and a few parents saved the day, but with a cost.

My Review: I loved the first two seasons.  This last one was a little rough for me.  There were too many holes in the story to ignore, and the plot became too predictable.  I still loved all of the characters.  Lots of humorous lines were effortlessly pull-off by the kids.  The '80s mall setting brought me back to my childhood.  Whoever was in charge of the wardrobe, mall stores, home decor, and language had the '80s culture down to a science.  The kids aged into high school teens and stole the show with their hilarious love lives and one-liners.  I especially found Hopper the cop on his game for laughs as he is forced into fatherhood with Eleven.  The season was watchable and even enjoyable, but story fell flat towards the end.  The monster alien wasn't as scary as the other aliens in the first two seasons. It looked like a gooey crab with lots of teeth.  I will probably watch another season, as the ending is somewhat of a cliffhanger.  However, the writers need to work on a better alien story with more conspiracy.  3/5 Stars.

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...