Sunday, February 17, 2019

Review: The Fourth Prophecy by Ernest Dempsey

The Fourth Prophecy by Ernest Dempsey is about two men, Sean and Tommy, who are hired by a congresswoman to find an artifact mentioned in a Spanish explorer's diary.  The quest takes Sean and Tommy to Mexico and South America.  They encounter guerrillas, CIA, drug cartels, and wildlife of the rain forest as they search for clues.  While they are decoding Mayan symbols, dishonest congressmen and women are killed one by one back in Washington D.C.  Eventually, the two story lines come together.  
My Review: This is my first Ernest Dempsey novel.  He took me to faraway places and added just enough history to keep me interested and entertained.  His characters have humor and depth, and the story had plenty of action.  I enjoyed the book from cover to cover and will definitely buy another one from the Sean Wyatt series.  I didn't know any of the characters from other books, but that didn't matter as each story stands alone.  I couldn't help but think of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys as I read.  Dempsey puts an adult and modern splash on genre.  Great read for mystery lovers! 5/5 Stars.

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...