Thursday, December 27, 2018

Movie Review: Aquaman

Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa, is about the early life of the superhero.  The movie begins with the love story between a mortal man and another superhero, Nicole Kidman.  They have a baby, but then soldiers from Atlantis find her and she is brought back to continue her life as queen.  She has another son who eventually grows up and wants to take over the world.

Aquaman knows he is different and receives training from William Defoe who works for the royal Atlantean family.  His half-brother gains power and it's up to Aquaman to save the world for the takeover.
My Review: Jason Momoa is worth the price of the ticket alone!  I fell in love with him when he played Khal Drogo on Game of Thrones.  Unfortunately, his looks and charisma is not enough for me to give a good review.  
The movie has amazing special effects and great action scenes.  Some of the scenes have Nicole Kidman and William DeFoe looking like they are in their twenties.
Still, I left with the usual "huh?, what? why?" as I walked out of the theater.  These action movies are just that-action.  Whoever writes the script is more involved in fight scenes than plot.  The lack of plot caused me to zone out at times as one fight scene after another stopped making sense.  There were several "bad" guys and why they were bad, I couldn't tell you.  The story had way too many characters to keep up with.  There were snippets of interesting scenes, but not enough detail was given to get lost within the movie.  Overall, the movie left me dizzy.  3/5 Stars
 

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...