Thursday, July 13, 2017

Book Review: Brad Meltzer's House of Secrets


I bought this book because I like Brad Meltzer's TV show and thought I would like his novels.  House of Secrets is about Jack Nash who hosts a TV show much like Brad's-a documentary style investigation about conspiracy theories and historical mysteries. Jack recruits his seven year old son, Skip, to co-star on the show after the ratings start to tank.  
As the years roll on, Skip and his sister, Hazel, lose their father in a deadly car accident.  They begin to suspect foul play.  A mystery involving Benedict Arnold and his Bible comes into play.  Hazel, who was in the car with her father, cannot remember anything due to a mild form of amnesia.  Clue by clue she unlocks her old memories as well as her dad's secret past.

My Review: Meltzer has a page-turning style that sucked me in right away.  I really liked the history about Benedict Arnold.  I also liked his tongue and cheek style about the main character's TV show.  The irony is not lost.  
For the most part, the story meshed.  There were a few moments that confused me, but then I tend to read at night and then fall asleep.  I recommend this book to all history and mystery lovers.  I will definitely be buying another Meltzer book.  4/5 Stars

6 comments:

Peter said...

Brad Meltzer is my favorite author and I have seen almost his all TV shows. This book is also very amazing as It is so suspicious. Now it's time to avail executive chauffeur for more information.

David said...

This novel is amazing and knowledge able to read. House of secrets is about Jack Nash who hosts a TV show much like Brads a documentary style.
Now it's time to get interior demolition for more information.

ownsmitjh said...

Thanks for writing this quality informational content. I read this informative book. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. Keep sharing more articles with us. Now it's time to get limo service Glendale az for more information.

Alina said...

I read this informative novel. I like all your interesting and loving novels. I am very sad to see this news about Hazel's father's death in a car accident. Now it's time to get Best track suits for men for more information.

Tim David said...

Nice post to share. This is a great book to read. I must say all readers must read this book also. And this is a good post to write about this topic. Now have a look at Pakistan Flood Relief.

Gary sobers said...

Thanks for sharing this informative article with us. I just like this kind of post. I was searching to read that kind of article and I finally found it. Now its time to avail roller shutter repairs for more information.

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...